US: Body Central hires Woolf as CEO
Value apparel retailer Body Central has appointed Brian Woolf as its new chief executive officer, replacing Tom Stoltz who has served as interim CEO since August.
Woolf most recently served as group president for Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant Outlet Stores and Cacique. He previously spent eight years at the helm of women's wear retailer Cache as CEO.
He has also served as EVP of merchandising for The Limited and spent over 20 years at Macy's/Federated Department Stores at the start of his career.
"I welcome Brian to the Body Central team and look forward to working with him," Stoltz said. "He brings a strong track record, deep industry knowledge and leadership skills to the company and will undoubtedly play a key role in our continued growth and future success."
Stolz replaced Allen Weinstein, who retired from the company in August. Stoltz will continue in his role as chief operating officer and chief financial officer.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Anthony DiPippa as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Margaret Feeney who has resigned from the company....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019