US: Body Central hires Woolf as CEO
Value apparel retailer Body Central has appointed Brian Woolf as its new chief executive officer, replacing Tom Stoltz who has served as interim CEO since August.
Woolf most recently served as group president for Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant Outlet Stores and Cacique. He previously spent eight years at the helm of women's wear retailer Cache as CEO.
"I welcome Brian to the Body Central team and look forward to working with him," Stoltz said. "He brings a strong track record, deep industry knowledge and leadership skills to the company and will undoubtedly play a key role in our continued growth and future success."
Stolz replaced Allen Weinstein, who retired from the company in August. Stoltz will continue in his role as chief operating officer and chief financial officer.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Anthony DiPippa as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Margaret Feeney who has resigned from the company....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis