US: Body Central hires Woolf as CEO
Value apparel retailer Body Central has appointed Brian Woolf as its new chief executive officer, replacing Tom Stoltz who has served as interim CEO since August.
Woolf most recently served as group president for Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant Outlet Stores and Cacique. He previously spent eight years at the helm of women's wear retailer Cache as CEO.
"I welcome Brian to the Body Central team and look forward to working with him," Stoltz said. "He brings a strong track record, deep industry knowledge and leadership skills to the company and will undoubtedly play a key role in our continued growth and future success."
Stolz replaced Allen Weinstein, who retired from the company in August. Stoltz will continue in his role as chief operating officer and chief financial officer.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Anthony DiPippa as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Margaret Feeney who has resigned from the company....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges