US: Bogart returns to lead Bebe design and development
Bogart will lead the brand's design team
Brigitte Bogart is re-joining US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores after an absence of more than three years, to the newly-created role of executive vice president of design and product development.
The company said Bogart will lead the brand's design team and report to recently appointed CEO Steve Birkhold.
As senior design director, Bogart was one of the first designers recruited to Bebe when the brand opened its first design studio in Los Angeles in 2001, and remained in the post until 2009.
Most recently she was founder of LHM Design, which designed women’s apparel sold in high-end contemporary retailers. She has also held senior design positions at Arden B (a division of The Wet Seal) and Laundry by Shelli Segal.
"Brigitte has unique insight into the fashion sense of the Bebe woman, plus an exceptional ability to identify and interpret trends. She is a proven design and product development leader, and she will be very influential with our heightened focus on innovation," said Birkhold.
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Improved merchandise margins have helped The Wet Seal return to profit during the first quarter, with the teen apparel retailer remaining optimistic in its outlook....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory