US: Bogart returns to lead Bebe design and development
Bogart will lead the brand's design team
Brigitte Bogart is re-joining US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores after an absence of more than three years, to the newly-created role of executive vice president of design and product development.
The company said Bogart will lead the brand's design team and report to recently appointed CEO Steve Birkhold.
As senior design director, Bogart was one of the first designers recruited to Bebe when the brand opened its first design studio in Los Angeles in 2001, and remained in the post until 2009.
Most recently she was founder of LHM Design, which designed women’s apparel sold in high-end contemporary retailers. She has also held senior design positions at Arden B (a division of The Wet Seal) and Laundry by Shelli Segal.
"Brigitte has unique insight into the fashion sense of the Bebe woman, plus an exceptional ability to identify and interpret trends. She is a proven design and product development leader, and she will be very influential with our heightened focus on innovation," said Birkhold.
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Improved merchandise margins have helped The Wet Seal return to profit during the first quarter, with the teen apparel retailer remaining optimistic in its outlook....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024