US: Bogart returns to lead Bebe design and development
Bogart will lead the brand's design team
Brigitte Bogart is re-joining US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores after an absence of more than three years, to the newly-created role of executive vice president of design and product development.
The company said Bogart will lead the brand's design team and report to recently appointed CEO Steve Birkhold.
As senior design director, Bogart was one of the first designers recruited to Bebe when the brand opened its first design studio in Los Angeles in 2001, and remained in the post until 2009.
Most recently she was founder of LHM Design, which designed women’s apparel sold in high-end contemporary retailers. She has also held senior design positions at Arden B (a division of The Wet Seal) and Laundry by Shelli Segal.
"Brigitte has unique insight into the fashion sense of the Bebe woman, plus an exceptional ability to identify and interpret trends. She is a proven design and product development leader, and she will be very influential with our heightened focus on innovation," said Birkhold.
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Improved merchandise margins have helped The Wet Seal return to profit during the first quarter, with the teen apparel retailer remaining optimistic in its outlook....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory