PAKISTAN: Boiler blast kills two textile workers
A serious accident in a spinning mill at Sundar Industrial Estate near Lahore in Pakistan has left two textile workers dead and three injured.
The incident, which happened at the last weekend at Umar Spinning Mills, was the result of a boiler blast and left many other workers with minor injuries.
The Sundar Industrial Estate is located 20 miles from the provincial metropolis of Lahore. The zone covers an area of 1500 acres with 162 plants employing more than 100,000 workers.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report