PAKISTAN: Boiler blast kills two textile workers
A serious accident in a spinning mill at Sundar Industrial Estate near Lahore in Pakistan has left two textile workers dead and three injured.
The incident, which happened at the last weekend at Umar Spinning Mills, was the result of a boiler blast and left many other workers with minor injuries.
The Sundar Industrial Estate is located 20 miles from the provincial metropolis of Lahore. The zone covers an area of 1500 acres with 162 plants employing more than 100,000 workers.
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments