PAKISTAN: Boiler blast kills two textile workers
A serious accident in a spinning mill at Sundar Industrial Estate near Lahore in Pakistan has left two textile workers dead and three injured.
The incident, which happened at the last weekend at Umar Spinning Mills, was the result of a boiler blast and left many other workers with minor injuries.
The Sundar Industrial Estate is located 20 miles from the provincial metropolis of Lahore. The zone covers an area of 1500 acres with 162 plants employing more than 100,000 workers.
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Leveraging the business benefits of 3D design
- Bangladesh woos buyers with sustainable production
- Compliance in China continues to improve
- Myanmar makers mull shut-downs over wage plans
- American Apparel to close stores and cut jobs
- Cotton tracing "biggest challenge" for M&S
- Chinese shoe factory collapse kills 12
- Lee ReThink taps into sustainable supply chain