PAKISTAN: Boiler blast kills two textile workers
A serious accident in a spinning mill at Sundar Industrial Estate near Lahore in Pakistan has left two textile workers dead and three injured.
The incident, which happened at the last weekend at Umar Spinning Mills, was the result of a boiler blast and left many other workers with minor injuries.
The Sundar Industrial Estate is located 20 miles from the provincial metropolis of Lahore. The zone covers an area of 1500 acres with 162 plants employing more than 100,000 workers.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Italian wages and conditions deteriorate
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024