PAKISTAN: Boiler blast kills two textile workers
A serious accident in a spinning mill at Sundar Industrial Estate near Lahore in Pakistan has left two textile workers dead and three injured.
The incident, which happened at the last weekend at Umar Spinning Mills, was the result of a boiler blast and left many other workers with minor injuries.
The Sundar Industrial Estate is located 20 miles from the provincial metropolis of Lahore. The zone covers an area of 1500 acres with 162 plants employing more than 100,000 workers.
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead