JAPAN: Bomb Threats Treated As Extortion
Tokyo police have said they are treating the bomb threats against department store Mitsukosi Ltd as extortion, reported the Kyodo News. The company's Tokyo branch received several letters in November claiming there was a bomb in the store that would explode unless 3m yen was handed over. Investigators went to the proposed drop off point but the extortionist failed to show up. No bombs were founding the store but police say their investigations are continuing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"