US: Bon-Ton CEO to step down as Q4 earnings fall
- Q4 earnings down to US$61.3m
- Gross margin at 36.3%
- Sales fall 9.9%
The CEO of The Bon-Ton Stores, Brendan Hoffman has announced his decision to step down next year as the US department store retailer revealed a drop in fourth-quarter earnings and sales.
Hoffman said today (11 March) he will not renew his employment agreement with the company at its expiration on 7 February next year. He said his decision to leave is for "strictly personal reasons".
Separately, Bon-Ton revealed a fall in net income to US$61.3m from $74.4m a year earlier. Gross margin edged up to 36.3%, compared with 36.2% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
Sales, however, dropped 9.9% to $914.9m. While comparable store sales were down 7.3%.
CEO Brendan Hoffman said the results were "disappointing" and were impacted by multiple snowstorms and that a polar vortex during December and January resulted in a sharp decline in traffic.
For fiscal 2014, the company is guiding for income per diluted share in the range of $0.40 to $0.70 and for a comparable store sales increase of 1% to 3%.
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
US department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores has lowered its full-year earnings guidance and announced the retirement of chief financial officer Keith Plowman....
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.(Bon Ton) is a regional department store operator, in the US. The company’s product portfolio consists of fashion apparel and accessories for women, men and children. Its merch...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects