US: Bon-Ton Stores prepares for possible FY loss
US department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores has said it could swing to a full-year loss after unfavourable weather weighed on December comparable store sales.
The company adjusted its guidance to range from a loss per share of $0.30 to earnings per share of $0.15, compared to its earlier view of earnings per share of $0.15-0.75. Adjusted EBITDA is forecast to be $160-170m, down from $170-190m.
President and CEO Brendan Hoffman said: "We are disappointed with the deceleration in sales during December, particularly given the strong start to the holiday season beginning with Black Friday and extending through the early part of the month.
"Adverse weather and treacherous travel conditions in the majority of our markets resulted in a sharp reduction in traffic and hampered promotional events on key weekend selling dates leading up to and continuing after Christmas."
Despite the sales shortfall, Hoffman added, Bon-Ton ended the month with lower year-on-year inventory levels.
"We believe that we are heading in the right direction with our merchandise assortment and will continue to focus on executing our long-term initiatives while managing through a difficult retail environment."
US department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores has lowered its full-year outlook as it posted a wider net loss in its third-quarter....
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals