US: Bon-Ton Stores seeks CEO as Bergren retires
Regional department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores Inc is searching for a new chief executive officer after Bud Bergren said he was planning to retire.
Bergren will become chairman of the board of directors when a new CEO is hired. At the same time, Tim Grumbacher will step down as executive chairman and remain a member of the board, continuing his focus on the strategic long-term direction of the company.
Bergren has been president and CEO of Bon-Ton since August 2004, joining the company in conjunction with itss acquisition of The Elder-Beerman Stores Corp, where he was president and CEO.
"Bud has been instrumental in growing the company," said Grumbacher. "The board of directors and I are thrilled Bud has decided to continue to work with the company as chairman of our board of directors.
The Bon-Ton Stores operates 276 department stores under the Bon-Ton, Bergner's, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, Elder-Beerman, Herberger's and Younkers nameplates.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' March 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2012 sales results....
Department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores Inc is searching for a new chief merchandising officer ahead of the retirement of Tony Buccina in February next year....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar