Bonmarche hires Higgins as product director
Current and new sourcing opportunities will be under the spotlight at UK women's wear retailer Bonmarché after the company named Geraldine Higgins as its new product director, tasked with driving the company's product and range development.
Higgins previously worked as brand director at fashion retailer Monsoon, as well as holding senior positions in a number of high-profile retail businesses including Sainsbury's, Etam Group (Holland) and Matalan.
"Her wealth of experience means she is well-placed to support us in the development of our product modernisation process," said outgoing CEO Beth Butterwick.
"To deliver this, she will focus on both current and new sourcing opportunities to ensure Bonmarché continues to offer customers contemporary, style-appropriate, good quality products at fantastic prices. We are looking forward to leveraging Geraldine's knowledge and experience in this critical area of our business."
Butterwick last month announced plans to step down as CEO at Bonmarché, which sells clothing and accessories for women over 50 and one of the UK's largest women's value retailers.
The company in December said trading conditions were "very challenging" and lowered its full-year pre-tax profit guidance to between GBP10.5m (US$15.8m) and GBP12m.
Analysts at the time said that while good progress has been made modernising and repositioning the business, the warning was likely to raise questions over the robustness of its brand proposition.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar