RUSSIA: Bosco Sport uses PLM to help outfit Olympic teams
Bosco Sport, Russia's premier sportswear company and official clothing supplier of the Russian, Spanish, Serbian and Ukrainian Olympic teams, has used YuniquePLM to help outfit hundreds of athletes and more than 45,000 volunteers at this year's Winter Games.
The system from Gerber Technology has helped the company to improve visibility and control over its sports and leisure lines, including the product development process and financial details.
YuniquePLM imports product style data and bills of material directly from the company's existing Galileo ERP system - boosting the decision-making process, reducing redundant data entry and accelerating product to market.
"We wanted a system that would ensure consistency in all phases of our product lifecycle," explains Stefano Montanari, CEO of Bosco Sport Italy.
Original Olympic collections of Bosco Sport are available at Bosco Sport stores in Russia. The company also supplied a jacket to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how clothing is likely to remain a focus for Tesco despite its upcoming CEO change, a snapshot of Myanmar's textile and apparel industry...
PTC is to acquire privately-held Axeda Corp for US$170m in a move that will help the software solution provider expand its Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio....
Brazilian fashion brand Kaue Plus Size has deployed WFX's integrated product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to enable more visibility across its business....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015