UK: Bostock joins Asos as product director
Former Marks and Spencer clothing boss Kate Bostock has been named executive director of product and trading at online clothing retailer Asos.
She will join the company and board in January, and will replace product director Robert Bready, who has resigned from the board after seven years.
"I'd like to thank Rob for his significant contribution to the company. He played a major role in the development of the Asos story and I and the rest of the board are very grateful to him," said CEO Nick Robertson.
"Our product and trading team now exceeds 350 people. We are fortunate to have Kate bring us her wealth of experience from some of the biggest names in retailing as we strengthen our retail disciplines and put in place the structures needed to manage the next phase of our growth."
In July, Marks and Spencer announced Bostock would leave the UK's largest clothing retailer by "mutual consent" after the company saw first quarter general merchandise sales plunge.
There was speculation in November last year that she was in discussions to take on a senior role at Asos.
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Echo Sourcing unveils new supply opportunities
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details