SCANDINAVIA: Bouncers Take Comfort In New Bulletproof Vest
Designer Kwame Dako has designed a new type of bulletproof vest for use by bouncers in nightclubs. After research, Dako discovered that doormen are more afraid of being stabbed with knives or infected needles than being shot. The new vest is less stiff than the normal vests. Dako, who is Norwegian with a Ghanaian father, has developed the vest together with DuPont, the science and healthcare multinational that holds the patent to Kevlar. Dako holds the patent and the right to produce the vests and sell them in Scandinavia and West Africa. He has been working on the project for over 3 years, and is now selling the vest to doormen throughout Scandinavia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack