USA: Bowling Green Spinning Co To Close Plant
Clothing fabric manufacturer Bowling Green Spinning Company is to close its plant by the end of the year with the loss of 160 jobs due to cotton price fluctuations, bosses announced Thursday. The North Carolina-based company said it had decided to shut its operations over the next couple of months rather than struggle on and mount up losses in extremely difficult conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"