US: Boys' puffer jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12
Lion Force has recalled 2,400 boy's puffer jackets as the drawstring through the hood can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The jackets, which were manufactured in China, were available at Burlington Coat Factory stores across the US through November 2010 to September 2013 for US$30. The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12.
No injuries have been reported to date.
Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves boys’ black hooded coats with dark gray drawstrings around the hood. The coats are 100% nylon on the outer shell with a zip-off hood. The wrist cuffs and waist band are elasticized. There are two front Velcro-flap pockets and an inner stow pocket on the coats. “Lion Force” is printed on the upper left side of the front of the coat and on the sewn on tag at the back of the neck. This recall involves boys’ coat sizes 4 through 12.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Lion Force Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide November 2010 through September 2013 for about $30.
Lion Force Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lion-Force-Recalls-Boys-Puffer-Coats/
Synopsis Canadean's "Burlington Coat Factory Investments Holdings, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operati...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide