US: Boys' puffer jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12
Lion Force has recalled 2,400 boy's puffer jackets as the drawstring through the hood can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The jackets, which were manufactured in China, were available at Burlington Coat Factory stores across the US through November 2010 to September 2013 for US$30. The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12.
No injuries have been reported to date.
Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves boys’ black hooded coats with dark gray drawstrings around the hood. The coats are 100% nylon on the outer shell with a zip-off hood. The wrist cuffs and waist band are elasticized. There are two front Velcro-flap pockets and an inner stow pocket on the coats. “Lion Force” is printed on the upper left side of the front of the coat and on the sewn on tag at the back of the neck. This recall involves boys’ coat sizes 4 through 12.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Lion Force Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide November 2010 through September 2013 for about $30.
Lion Force Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lion-Force-Recalls-Boys-Puffer-Coats/
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report