US: Boys' puffer jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12
Lion Force has recalled 2,400 boy's puffer jackets as the drawstring through the hood can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The jackets, which were manufactured in China, were available at Burlington Coat Factory stores across the US through November 2010 to September 2013 for US$30. The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12.
No injuries have been reported to date.
Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves boys’ black hooded coats with dark gray drawstrings around the hood. The coats are 100% nylon on the outer shell with a zip-off hood. The wrist cuffs and waist band are elasticized. There are two front Velcro-flap pockets and an inner stow pocket on the coats. “Lion Force” is printed on the upper left side of the front of the coat and on the sewn on tag at the back of the neck. This recall involves boys’ coat sizes 4 through 12.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Lion Force Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide November 2010 through September 2013 for about $30.
Lion Force Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lion-Force-Recalls-Boys-Puffer-Coats/
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020