US: Boys' puffer jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12
Lion Force has recalled 2,400 boy's puffer jackets as the drawstring through the hood can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The jackets, which were manufactured in China, were available at Burlington Coat Factory stores across the US through November 2010 to September 2013 for US$30. The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12.
No injuries have been reported to date.
Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves boys’ black hooded coats with dark gray drawstrings around the hood. The coats are 100% nylon on the outer shell with a zip-off hood. The wrist cuffs and waist band are elasticized. There are two front Velcro-flap pockets and an inner stow pocket on the coats. “Lion Force” is printed on the upper left side of the front of the coat and on the sewn on tag at the back of the neck. This recall involves boys’ coat sizes 4 through 12.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Lion Force Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide November 2010 through September 2013 for about $30.
Lion Force Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lion-Force-Recalls-Boys-Puffer-Coats/
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024