US: Boys' puffer jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12
Lion Force has recalled 2,400 boy's puffer jackets as the drawstring through the hood can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The jackets, which were manufactured in China, were available at Burlington Coat Factory stores across the US through November 2010 to September 2013 for US$30. The recall involves boys coat sizes 4-12.
No injuries have been reported to date.
Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves boys’ black hooded coats with dark gray drawstrings around the hood. The coats are 100% nylon on the outer shell with a zip-off hood. The wrist cuffs and waist band are elasticized. There are two front Velcro-flap pockets and an inner stow pocket on the coats. “Lion Force” is printed on the upper left side of the front of the coat and on the sewn on tag at the back of the neck. This recall involves boys’ coat sizes 4 through 12.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Lion Force Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide November 2010 through September 2013 for about $30.
Lion Force Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lion-Force-Recalls-Boys-Puffer-Coats/
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam