US: Brand Matter inks Caribbean Joe sportswear license
Brand Matter has inked an exclusive licensing deal with Bernette Textile Co for its Caribbean Joe branded men's and boy's sportswear apparel.
The sportswear range will include knitwear, wovens, sweaters and casual bottoms, activewear and outerwear, which will be sold via US department and specialty stores. Bernette has also hired the sales and design team from the former licensee.
"Brand Matter has been consistently adding strong new licensing partners and categories to our stable of owned and managed brands," said Brand Matter, LLC president Rick Platt, adding that Bernette Textile "clearly understand the Caribbean Joe brand DNA and are working diligently to transition the current business.”
Jeff Siskind, Bernette Textile Company President added: "As a company we have been looking for a genuine casual collection sportswear brand to add to our group of prominent licenses."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022