SRI LANKA: Brandix acquires Comfortwear lingerie unit
Sri Lankan garment maker Brandix Lanka has taken full ownership of Comfortwear, a joint venture between Brandix and Lanka Equities.
Brandix also said it launched a new manufacturing cluster, Brandix Lingerie, earlier this month to produce high end, specialty bras and complementary bra-coordinates such as briefs.
“We currently produce around 5m bras annually and an equal amount of coordinates. We are looking at expanding by 20%-30% year on year,” said Rajiv Malalasekera, CEO of Brandix Lingerie.
The Brandix lingerie cluster has three bra-coordinates manufacturing facilities in the Wathupitiwala Export Processing Zone in Nittambuwa, while it has also invested in a joint venture for the manufacture of bras at the Brandix India Apparel City (BIAC) in Andhra Pradesh.
“Specialty lingerie, particularly core and fashion bras, is a category with tremendous potential and the Brandix Group is making a substantial commitment through financial investment and recruitment of technical competencies to integrate this segment into its portfolio,” said Brandix Lingerie director Dave Ranasinghe.
Brandix Lingerie says it will work closely with its UK-based design partner in supplying fashion lingerie for Marks & Spencer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Campaigners are using the start of London Fashion Week to step up calls for high street retailers to take more action to end poverty pay for overseas workers....
Research that luxury fashion sales are being propelled by average consumers, brands boycotting Uzbek cotten harvested using forced child labour and ongoing talks around the Trans Pacific Partnership (...
The luxury fashion market is being propped up by average consumers, including seniors and younger buyers, rather than traditional high-end shoppers, new research has found....
Italian fashion house Giorgio Armani SpA is joining Gucci and Versace in banning sandblasting from its clothing supply chain after a sustained campaign by activists....
Shares in Hennes & Mauritz AB have risen 6.2% today (15 September) after the fashion retailer quelled fears of a slowdown in consumer spending after posting higher August and third-quarter sales....
Apparel maker VF Corporation has completed its $2.3bn buyout of outdoor clothing and footwear firm Timberland and revealed a number of management changes, including the departure of Timberland preside...
Burlington Coat Factory saw second-quarter losses narrow as sales rose over the period....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar