SRI LANKA: Brandix extends Gap PACE programme
The Brandix Group is to extend fashion retailer Gap’s PACE (Personal and Career Enhancement) programme to its female garment workers in Sri Lanka.
PACE is a life and work skills education programme designed to help female garment workers in factories supplying Gap, providing them with skills, training and support to help them professionally and personally.
The eight modules include communication skills, problem-solving, time and stress management, health and nutrition, financial literacy and gender equality.
According to research, graduates of the programme are more productive, have lower absenteeism rates and are promoted more quickly.
“Implementing the Gap Inc PACE programme and integrating it into our internal learning curriculum reinforces Brandix’s commitment to bettering the lives of our associates,” said Anusha Alles, head of CSR for Brandix.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% increase in January comparable store sales thanks to continued momentum in its North American businesses....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to close two distribution centres in Hebron, Kentucky in a move aimed at driving efficiency, but will also put 350 jobs at risk....
US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp has poached a second executive from specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc in the space of a week, appointing Evan Price as its new chief financial officer....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry