SRI LANKA: Brandix extends Gap PACE programme
The Brandix Group is to extend fashion retailer Gap’s PACE (Personal and Career Enhancement) programme to its female garment workers in Sri Lanka.
PACE is a life and work skills education programme designed to help female garment workers in factories supplying Gap, providing them with skills, training and support to help them professionally and personally.
The eight modules include communication skills, problem-solving, time and stress management, health and nutrition, financial literacy and gender equality.
According to research, graduates of the programme are more productive, have lower absenteeism rates and are promoted more quickly.
“Implementing the Gap Inc PACE programme and integrating it into our internal learning curriculum reinforces Brandix’s commitment to bettering the lives of our associates,” said Anusha Alles, head of CSR for Brandix.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% increase in January comparable store sales thanks to continued momentum in its North American businesses....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to close two distribution centres in Hebron, Kentucky in a move aimed at driving efficiency, but will also put 350 jobs at risk....
US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp has poached a second executive from specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc in the space of a week, appointing Evan Price as its new chief financial officer....
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift