SRI LANKA: Brandix gears for growth with US training initiative
Brandix CEO Ashroff Omar (3rd from right) and CCL president & CEO John Ryan exchange the agreement in Colombo in the presence of (from left): CCL’s regional director, leadership solutions Yoosuf Moiz; vice president – APAC and managing director, CCL Asia, Roland Smith; Brandix chief people officer Ishan Dantanarayana; and manager – group capability Nilangani De Silva
Sri Lankan apparel export giant Brandix is readying for future growth by teaming up with a US-based education expert to offer leadership training to more than 1,100 executives.
The two-year collaboration with the US-based Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) will provide Sri Lanka's largest apparel exporter with a strong, capable succession pipeline of leaders steeped in the Brandix culture, the company said.
"Since inception, our focus has been to grow great leaders," explains the group's CEO Ashroff Omar. "We have now decided on a strategic tie-up with the Center to create best in class leaders to fuel our growth."
The CCL is one of the world's top five providers of executive education, with offices in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Brandix is one of the largest suppliers of apparel to top retail brands in the US and Europe, with 42 manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh.
The company is determined to fast-track Sri Lanka's evolution into an industry knowledge and innovation hub, and earlier this year launched a US$1m 'Disrupt Unlimited' seed accelerator to back innovations that will lead to "revolutionary changes" in the way apparel, textiles and accessories are made, packaged, distributed and consumed.
And in November last year Brandix took on global management consultants Accenture to help it build world-class, streamlined back office processes that could help it tap the lucrative and strategic Chinese e-commerce market, among others in the region.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at where 3D design and prototyping is heading for textiles and apparel, Brandix being named PVH's global supplier of the year, and an insig...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective