SRI LANKA: Brandix switches to Tukatech CAD system
Brandix, one of the largest garment manufacturers in Asia and the largest in Sri Lanka, has installed Tukatech's apparel software system to help boost the efficiency of its product development and production.
Tuka systems were initially tested by the Brandix Denim division to help improve the quality of patterns and the speed at which they were produced.
"We are now getting more than double the production of patterns that fit the first time, saving a large amount of fabric, and better utilising our human resources, said Iswaran Senthil, CEO of Brandix Denim.
These changes provided the catalyst to invest in Tuka systems for the rest of the company, including TukaCAD and SmartMark, which were customised to Brandix's specifications.
Dhananjaya Rajapaksha, CEO of Brandix Casualwear, says the software has helped increase factory efficiency by one-third. "We are in the fashion apparel industry, and fashion keeps changing fast. We must also be fast," he said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Top stories on just-style this week include a report on Adidas suing Big 5 over an alleged infringement of its three stripe trademark, an article on western apparel companies considering reshoring to ...
Sewing and enbroidery thread maker American & Efird has acquired the outstanding stakes in its Sri Lanka and Bangladesh joint ventures from partners Brandix Lanka Limited and Brandot International....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar