BELGIUM: Brantano H1 Sales Rise On Strong UK Growth
Belgian shoe chain Brantano on Thursday reported a 3.1 per cent hike in first half sales as it was boosted by strong demand for its footwear fashions at home and in the UK.
The operator of nearly 320 stores across northern Europe said sales for the six months to the end of June rose to 149.9 million euros from 145.5 million euros in the year-ago period.
UK sales rose 10.6 per cent year-on-year to 68.1 million euros partly due to its acquisition of 28 Famous Brunswick stores in late 2002, with Belgian and Luxembourg sales up 4.6 per cent year-on-year to 68.6 million euros.
Sales at its troubled Dutch division, which has been restructured, slumped 38.6 per cent to 8.8 million euros from last year on a lower store base and tough trading conditions.
"Very good work was again done in Belgium and the UK during the first half year," said Brantano managing director Joris Brantegem in a press release.
"In Belgium we are succeeding in increasing like-for-like turnover year after year. As a result, turnover increased by 18.6 per cent in comparable shops over the past three years.
"In the UK we opened a net figure of 31 shops in the first half year. The number of shops consequently rose from 96 to 127, which means an increase of almost one third.
"Despite the fact that this burdened the English organisation heavily, we also continued to work on an increase in turnover in the existing shops. We succeeded in doing so with a like-for-like growth in turnover of 2.9 per cent."
He added: "We are also succeeding in increasing the like-for-like turnover year after year in the UK Thus turnover grew by 14.8 per cent in comparable outlets over the last three years."
The company did not give any update on its earlier full year sales forecast of 333 million euros versus 299.4 million euros last year.
Clothing specialists and grocers have already made a major assault on the UK footwear market. New research suggests there is likely to be further encroachment in 2005 from non-specialists attracted by...
Value footwear chain Brantano has reported a 2.1% rise in full-year sales after good fourth-quarter financial results....
Shoe group Brantano NV has reported a nine-month turnover fall, as UK same-store sales declined....
Belgium-based footwear retailer Brantano has lowered its sales and profit predictions for the full 2005 year after reporting a third-quarter sales slump....
Shoe retailer Brantano NV has agreed to implement International Business Machines' supply chain management system based on the i2 for Retail suite of solutions....
Shoe chain operator Brantano's turnover for the six-month period fell 6.6 per cent to €145.9 million compared to €156.3m a year ago, before the company had sold off its stores in the Netherlands and D...
Shoe chain Brantano has posted an increased first-quarter net loss of €2.7 million, affected by a €3.1m charge from the sale of its Danish stores....
Footwear retailer Brantano Nv has reported a first-quarter sales plummet after the company quit its Denmark and Netherlands businesses....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack