BELGIUM: Brantano Posts 1.5% FY Turnover Rise
Of the total group turnover, the United Kingdom accounted for EUR144.9m in earnings, with the company's native Belgium earning EUR132m.
Sales in the Netherlands, however, fell 36.4 per cent year-on-year, driven by a raft of store closures.
According to managing director Joris Brantegem, the third quarter of 2003 had a negative influence on full-year results.
"The fourth quarter was good, but not good enough to offset the drop in turnover in the third quarter," he said.
"Turnover was influenced negatively in all countries in the third quarter by the good weather and high temperatures in the months of August and September."
Brantano forecasts limited same-store sales growth in 2004, despite plans for a 10-store expansion in the United Kingdom.
Clothing specialists and grocers have already made a major assault on the UK footwear market. New research suggests there is likely to be further encroachment in 2005 from non-specialists attracted by...
Value footwear chain Brantano has reported a 2.1% rise in full-year sales after good fourth-quarter financial results....
Shoe group Brantano NV has reported a nine-month turnover fall, as UK same-store sales declined....
Belgium-based footwear retailer Brantano has lowered its sales and profit predictions for the full 2005 year after reporting a third-quarter sales slump....
Shoe retailer Brantano NV has agreed to implement International Business Machines' supply chain management system based on the i2 for Retail suite of solutions....
Shoe chain operator Brantano's turnover for the six-month period fell 6.6 per cent to €145.9 million compared to €156.3m a year ago, before the company had sold off its stores in the Netherlands and D...
Shoe chain Brantano has posted an increased first-quarter net loss of €2.7 million, affected by a €3.1m charge from the sale of its Danish stores....
Footwear retailer Brantano Nv has reported a first-quarter sales plummet after the company quit its Denmark and Netherlands businesses....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020