BELGIUM: Brantano Q1 misses forecasts
Discount shoe retailer The Brantano Group said its first-quarter turnover missed predictions, hurt by unseasonably cold weather and later Easter holidays.
The company, which did not publish specific figures, suggested it would struggle to make expected 2006 turnover of EUR314m (US$401.37m).
It said it was on a "catching-up drive" as well as continuing its store refurbishment programme.
Brantano aims to build on its positioning as a national British retailer by boosting turnover and gross margin percentage.
Value footwear retailer Brantano said first-half turnover dipped 3.8% to EUR140.3m (US$175.87m)....
Value footwear chain Brantano has reported a 2.1% rise in full-year sales after good fourth-quarter financial results....
Shoe group Brantano NV has reported a nine-month turnover fall, as UK same-store sales declined....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020