UK: BRC appoints Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has appointed Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair of the trade association from this autumn.
Mayfrield will begin his term in May and then take over as chair when Sir Ian Cheshire stands down at the end of September after a two year term. He is currently chairman of the John Lewis Partnership.
"We're extremely pleased that Charlie is to become our new chair," said BRC director general Helen Dickinson. "The experience and leadership he brings will be essential as we continue to represent retail at its best. At the same time, we owe a very large debt of thanks to Ian for his guidance, insight and support as our chair, during which time the BRC has undergone yet further transformation."
John Lewis Partnership Plc registered only minimal growth in profits in 2011/12 due to the costs of the introduction of new outlets and the tough trading conditions engendered by the recession. Howeve...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
Our new Amazon Annual Best seller reports are available on a consultancy basis and deeply mine our own Amazon Trackers research and employ some unique in house modeling techniques. Harnessing insights...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- PSF 2015: GAFTI gears for change in apparel auditi
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019