UK: BRC appoints Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has appointed Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair of the trade association from this autumn.
Mayfrield will begin his term in May and then take over as chair when Sir Ian Cheshire stands down at the end of September after a two year term. He is currently chairman of the John Lewis Partnership.
"We're extremely pleased that Charlie is to become our new chair," said BRC director general Helen Dickinson. "The experience and leadership he brings will be essential as we continue to represent retail at its best. At the same time, we owe a very large debt of thanks to Ian for his guidance, insight and support as our chair, during which time the BRC has undergone yet further transformation."
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
Our new Amazon Annual Best seller reports are available on a consultancy basis and deeply mine our own Amazon Trackers research and employ some unique in house modeling techniques. Harnessing insights...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019