UK: BRC appoints Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has appointed Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair of the trade association from this autumn.
Mayfrield will begin his term in May and then take over as chair when Sir Ian Cheshire stands down at the end of September after a two year term. He is currently chairman of the John Lewis Partnership.
"We're extremely pleased that Charlie is to become our new chair," said BRC director general Helen Dickinson. "The experience and leadership he brings will be essential as we continue to represent retail at its best. At the same time, we owe a very large debt of thanks to Ian for his guidance, insight and support as our chair, during which time the BRC has undergone yet further transformation."
Our new Amazon Annual Best seller reports are available on a consultancy basis and deeply mine our own Amazon Trackers research and employ some unique in house modeling techniques. Harnessing insights...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024