UK: BRC appoints Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has appointed Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair of the trade association from this autumn.
Mayfrield will begin his term in May and then take over as chair when Sir Ian Cheshire stands down at the end of September after a two year term. He is currently chairman of the John Lewis Partnership.
"We're extremely pleased that Charlie is to become our new chair," said BRC director general Helen Dickinson. "The experience and leadership he brings will be essential as we continue to represent retail at its best. At the same time, we owe a very large debt of thanks to Ian for his guidance, insight and support as our chair, during which time the BRC has undergone yet further transformation."
Our new Amazon Annual Best seller reports are available on a consultancy basis and deeply mine our own Amazon Trackers research and employ some unique in house modeling techniques. Harnessing insights...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis