ITALY: Brendan Mullane named Brioni creative director
French luxury goods group PPR has appointed former Givenchy designer Brendan Mullane as creative director for the Brioni men's wear brand, which it acquired at the beginning of this year.
Mullane will be responsible for creating and developing the whole Brioni product portfolio. He will be based in Rome and will report directly to the company's CEO Francesco Pesci.
"Brendan has a sharp understanding of the brand, extensive experience in menswear design and a great creative talent across several categories," Pesci said. "He also brings with him an understanding of the spirit of Brioni in this new phase of creation. We will work closely with Brendan to take the next steps for the brand."
Mullane recently served as senior head men's wear designer at Givenchy, where he was responsible for research, design and development of the menswear collections.
PPR completed the acquisition of the high-end Italian brand in January, following clearance from antitrust authorities.
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
As first half sales growth weakened at UK fashion brand Burberry, the company was quick to emphasise that the momentum among its higher spending luxury consumers remained strong. ...
French apparel group PPR has entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family brands for EUR119m (US$156m). ...
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities, including hunting and golf to ...
French retail group PPR has acquired a EUR10m (US$13.1m) stake in Bigfoot I, the holding company that owns Russian online retailer Lamoda....
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
PPR has confirmed today (3 November) that Alexander Wang will become creative director of its Balenciaga brand. ...
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019