ITALY: Brendan Mullane named Brioni creative director
French luxury goods group PPR has appointed former Givenchy designer Brendan Mullane as creative director for the Brioni men's wear brand, which it acquired at the beginning of this year.
Mullane will be responsible for creating and developing the whole Brioni product portfolio. He will be based in Rome and will report directly to the company's CEO Francesco Pesci.
"Brendan has a sharp understanding of the brand, extensive experience in menswear design and a great creative talent across several categories," Pesci said. "He also brings with him an understanding of the spirit of Brioni in this new phase of creation. We will work closely with Brendan to take the next steps for the brand."
Mullane recently served as senior head men's wear designer at Givenchy, where he was responsible for research, design and development of the menswear collections.
PPR completed the acquisition of the high-end Italian brand in January, following clearance from antitrust authorities.
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
As first half sales growth weakened at UK fashion brand Burberry, the company was quick to emphasise that the momentum among its higher spending luxury consumers remained strong. ...
French apparel group PPR has entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family brands for EUR119m (US$156m). ...
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities, including hunting and golf to ...
French retail group PPR has acquired a EUR10m (US$13.1m) stake in Bigfoot I, the holding company that owns Russian online retailer Lamoda....
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
PPR has confirmed today (3 November) that Alexander Wang will become creative director of its Balenciaga brand. ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details