US: Brian Atwood moves from Jones Group to Steve Madden
Nearly two years after selling his business to The Jones Group, footwear designer Brian Atwood has bought it back and entered into a strategic partnership with Steve Madden instead.
The deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed, includes the Brian Atwood designer and the B Brian Atwood contemporary brands.
Atwood will have full operational and creative control in the design, production and distribution of the Milan, Italy based Brian Atwood designer collection and will continue as an owner and chief creative officer at the Brian Atwood intellectual property.
The partnership is expected to leverage Steve Madden's global brand building expertise, strategic vision and relationships to drive strategic growth and category expansion.
The brand will transition from The Jones Group for spring 2015 deliveries.
Steve Madden offers a range of footwear and accessories for women, men and children under its own brands, under license, and under private label brand names for various retailers. The company also operates 121 retail stores.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden said the fourth quarter was a tough period that capped a difficult year for the company after it booked a drop in earnings and sales....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo's intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has revealed flat sales in its fourth-quarter, below expectations, and lowered its EPS guidance for the full year....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis