US: Brian Atwood moves from Jones Group to Steve Madden
Nearly two years after selling his business to The Jones Group, footwear designer Brian Atwood has bought it back and entered into a strategic partnership with Steve Madden instead.
The deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed, includes the Brian Atwood designer and the B Brian Atwood contemporary brands.
Atwood will have full operational and creative control in the design, production and distribution of the Milan, Italy based Brian Atwood designer collection and will continue as an owner and chief creative officer at the Brian Atwood intellectual property.
The partnership is expected to leverage Steve Madden's global brand building expertise, strategic vision and relationships to drive strategic growth and category expansion.
The brand will transition from The Jones Group for spring 2015 deliveries.
Steve Madden offers a range of footwear and accessories for women, men and children under its own brands, under license, and under private label brand names for various retailers. The company also operates 121 retail stores.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden said the fourth quarter was a tough period that capped a difficult year for the company after it booked a drop in earnings and sales....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo's intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has revealed flat sales in its fourth-quarter, below expectations, and lowered its EPS guidance for the full year....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects