US: Brian Atwood moves from Jones Group to Steve Madden
Nearly two years after selling his business to The Jones Group, footwear designer Brian Atwood has bought it back and entered into a strategic partnership with Steve Madden instead.
The deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed, includes the Brian Atwood designer and the B Brian Atwood contemporary brands.
Atwood will have full operational and creative control in the design, production and distribution of the Milan, Italy based Brian Atwood designer collection and will continue as an owner and chief creative officer at the Brian Atwood intellectual property.
The partnership is expected to leverage Steve Madden's global brand building expertise, strategic vision and relationships to drive strategic growth and category expansion.
The brand will transition from The Jones Group for spring 2015 deliveries.
Steve Madden offers a range of footwear and accessories for women, men and children under its own brands, under license, and under private label brand names for various retailers. The company also operates 121 retail stores.
US fashion footwear and accessories business Steve Madden has acquired Dolce Vita Holdings, a designer and retailer of branded and private label footwear, for US$60.3m....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
Footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has highlighted what was a "difficult" second-quarter for the group after booking a decline in earnings and sales....
Juicy Couture owner Authentic Brands Group is to shutter all of the apparel brand's US stores as it plans an overhaul of the business....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre