US: Brian Atwood moves from Jones Group to Steve Madden
Nearly two years after selling his business to The Jones Group, footwear designer Brian Atwood has bought it back and entered into a strategic partnership with Steve Madden instead.
The deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed, includes the Brian Atwood designer and the B Brian Atwood contemporary brands.
Atwood will have full operational and creative control in the design, production and distribution of the Milan, Italy based Brian Atwood designer collection and will continue as an owner and chief creative officer at the Brian Atwood intellectual property.
The partnership is expected to leverage Steve Madden's global brand building expertise, strategic vision and relationships to drive strategic growth and category expansion.
The brand will transition from The Jones Group for spring 2015 deliveries.
Steve Madden offers a range of footwear and accessories for women, men and children under its own brands, under license, and under private label brand names for various retailers. The company also operates 121 retail stores.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden said the fourth quarter was a tough period that capped a difficult year for the company after it booked a drop in earnings and sales....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo's intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has revealed flat sales in its fourth-quarter, below expectations, and lowered its EPS guidance for the full year....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields