US: Brian Atwood moves from Jones Group to Steve Madden
Nearly two years after selling his business to The Jones Group, footwear designer Brian Atwood has bought it back and entered into a strategic partnership with Steve Madden instead.
The deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed, includes the Brian Atwood designer and the B Brian Atwood contemporary brands.
Atwood will have full operational and creative control in the design, production and distribution of the Milan, Italy based Brian Atwood designer collection and will continue as an owner and chief creative officer at the Brian Atwood intellectual property.
The partnership is expected to leverage Steve Madden's global brand building expertise, strategic vision and relationships to drive strategic growth and category expansion.
The brand will transition from The Jones Group for spring 2015 deliveries.
Steve Madden offers a range of footwear and accessories for women, men and children under its own brands, under license, and under private label brand names for various retailers. The company also operates 121 retail stores.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden said the fourth quarter was a tough period that capped a difficult year for the company after it booked a drop in earnings and sales....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo's intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has revealed flat sales in its fourth-quarter, below expectations, and lowered its EPS guidance for the full year....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Esquel CEO says automation core to competitiveness
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- VF Corp and Kohl's join White House climate pledge
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Adidas develops high-tech swimwear range
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory