UK: Britain Bounces Back At Premiere Vision
Colour - and confidence - is flowing back into the UK textile scene according to the British exporters attending the Autumn 2000 Premiere Vision trade fair in Paris. Typical of the palette British weavers believe will set the mood for winter 200l/2 are the warm autumnal tones enlivened with plum and orange which dominate Claridge Fabrics' latest collection. Meanwhile, convinced that the British look is once again the style that customers around the world will be seeking for winter 200l/2, UK weavers are once again happy to flaunt their skills in creating classic cloths, often underlining this facility with references to their long history of producing particular types of fabric. Joshua Ellis, for instance, has been working with luxury fibres of various types since l787, while Fox Brothers has been famous for flannel since l785. "Today however, as well as qualities suitable for ceremonial uniforms and for covering billiard tables, we are offering modern lightweight fabrics that are ideal for between seasons suiting - for both sexes - and for which we have recently won a Queen's Award for Export," says Fox boss Jack Hudson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts