UK: Britain Bounces Back At Premiere Vision
Colour - and confidence - is flowing back into the UK textile scene according to the British exporters attending the Autumn 2000 Premiere Vision trade fair in Paris. Typical of the palette British weavers believe will set the mood for winter 200l/2 are the warm autumnal tones enlivened with plum and orange which dominate Claridge Fabrics' latest collection. Meanwhile, convinced that the British look is once again the style that customers around the world will be seeking for winter 200l/2, UK weavers are once again happy to flaunt their skills in creating classic cloths, often underlining this facility with references to their long history of producing particular types of fabric. Joshua Ellis, for instance, has been working with luxury fibres of various types since l787, while Fox Brothers has been famous for flannel since l785. "Today however, as well as qualities suitable for ceremonial uniforms and for covering billiard tables, we are offering modern lightweight fabrics that are ideal for between seasons suiting - for both sexes - and for which we have recently won a Queen's Award for Export," says Fox boss Jack Hudson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020