UK: Britain Bounces Back At Premiere Vision
Colour - and confidence - is flowing back into the UK textile scene according to the British exporters attending the Autumn 2000 Premiere Vision trade fair in Paris. Typical of the palette British weavers believe will set the mood for winter 200l/2 are the warm autumnal tones enlivened with plum and orange which dominate Claridge Fabrics' latest collection. Meanwhile, convinced that the British look is once again the style that customers around the world will be seeking for winter 200l/2, UK weavers are once again happy to flaunt their skills in creating classic cloths, often underlining this facility with references to their long history of producing particular types of fabric. Joshua Ellis, for instance, has been working with luxury fibres of various types since l787, while Fox Brothers has been famous for flannel since l785. "Today however, as well as qualities suitable for ceremonial uniforms and for covering billiard tables, we are offering modern lightweight fabrics that are ideal for between seasons suiting - for both sexes - and for which we have recently won a Queen's Award for Export," says Fox boss Jack Hudson.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022