UK: British Fashion Council plans men’s wear event
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has unveiled plans for a new men’s wear showcase event this summer called London Collections: Men.
Held on 15-17 June, the event promises to be a showcase of British brands and businesses and is a development of the Men’s day held during London Fashion Week.
It will also include showcases of emerging talent sponsored by Topman and Fashion Forward, and will feature designers such as Margaret Howell, brands such as Aquascutum and Savile Row tailors Richard James and E Tautz.
Fashion 2012 Menswear Committee chair Dylan Jones will oversee the plans, helped by a committee including Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Tom Ford and Simon Fuller.
“The men’s wear industry has been growing from strength to strength in past years and this is true testament to this,” said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the BFC.
“London Collections: Men will not only be a showcase for brands and designers, but will form a cross-cultural programme creating a festival for men’s wear in what will be a truly exciting year for the UK.”
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead