UK: British Fashion Council plans men’s wear event
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has unveiled plans for a new men’s wear showcase event this summer called London Collections: Men.
Held on 15-17 June, the event promises to be a showcase of British brands and businesses and is a development of the Men’s day held during London Fashion Week.
It will also include showcases of emerging talent sponsored by Topman and Fashion Forward, and will feature designers such as Margaret Howell, brands such as Aquascutum and Savile Row tailors Richard James and E Tautz.
Fashion 2012 Menswear Committee chair Dylan Jones will oversee the plans, helped by a committee including Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Tom Ford and Simon Fuller.
“The men’s wear industry has been growing from strength to strength in past years and this is true testament to this,” said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the BFC.
“London Collections: Men will not only be a showcase for brands and designers, but will form a cross-cultural programme creating a festival for men’s wear in what will be a truly exciting year for the UK.”
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis