UK: British Fashion Council plans men’s wear event
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has unveiled plans for a new men’s wear showcase event this summer called London Collections: Men.
Held on 15-17 June, the event promises to be a showcase of British brands and businesses and is a development of the Men’s day held during London Fashion Week.
It will also include showcases of emerging talent sponsored by Topman and Fashion Forward, and will feature designers such as Margaret Howell, brands such as Aquascutum and Savile Row tailors Richard James and E Tautz.
Fashion 2012 Menswear Committee chair Dylan Jones will oversee the plans, helped by a committee including Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Tom Ford and Simon Fuller.
“The men’s wear industry has been growing from strength to strength in past years and this is true testament to this,” said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the BFC.
“London Collections: Men will not only be a showcase for brands and designers, but will form a cross-cultural programme creating a festival for men’s wear in what will be a truly exciting year for the UK.”
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details