UK: British Fashion Council plans men’s wear event
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has unveiled plans for a new men’s wear showcase event this summer called London Collections: Men.
Held on 15-17 June, the event promises to be a showcase of British brands and businesses and is a development of the Men’s day held during London Fashion Week.
It will also include showcases of emerging talent sponsored by Topman and Fashion Forward, and will feature designers such as Margaret Howell, brands such as Aquascutum and Savile Row tailors Richard James and E Tautz.
Fashion 2012 Menswear Committee chair Dylan Jones will oversee the plans, helped by a committee including Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Tom Ford and Simon Fuller.
“The men’s wear industry has been growing from strength to strength in past years and this is true testament to this,” said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the BFC.
“London Collections: Men will not only be a showcase for brands and designers, but will form a cross-cultural programme creating a festival for men’s wear in what will be a truly exciting year for the UK.”
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges