UK: British Fashion Council plans men’s wear event
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has unveiled plans for a new men’s wear showcase event this summer called London Collections: Men.
Held on 15-17 June, the event promises to be a showcase of British brands and businesses and is a development of the Men’s day held during London Fashion Week.
It will also include showcases of emerging talent sponsored by Topman and Fashion Forward, and will feature designers such as Margaret Howell, brands such as Aquascutum and Savile Row tailors Richard James and E Tautz.
Fashion 2012 Menswear Committee chair Dylan Jones will oversee the plans, helped by a committee including Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Tom Ford and Simon Fuller.
“The men’s wear industry has been growing from strength to strength in past years and this is true testament to this,” said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the BFC.
“London Collections: Men will not only be a showcase for brands and designers, but will form a cross-cultural programme creating a festival for men’s wear in what will be a truly exciting year for the UK.”
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024