UK: British Footwear Association In Supply Chain Study
The project, which begins in September, involves bringing together logistics and eCommerce experts with a group of footwear manufacturers
Niall Campbell, director, British Footwear Association, says: "Many UK shoe manufacturers are concentrated in Northamptonshire - the centre of British shoe making. All have warehouses and use external carriers to ship their products to market. In many cases, the manufacturers are using the same carriers and the goods are being transported to the same retail outlets or forwarding depots.
"We thought, if manufacturers were to 'share' these responsibilities - they could significantly reduce their warehousing and carrier charges, as well as make more frequent deliveries to retailers with fewer expensive small drops."
Ken Watson, director, Industry Forum, explains: "This project extends Industry Forum's work into a new, but related, product sector. As with all our projects, we hope that our results will help manufacturers improve their competitiveness."
Another one-day workshop discussing the methodologies used by Spanish retail giant Zara to achieve its rapid sales growth is to take place in Cary, NC next week....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
A high international turnout at a recent fast fashion forum in the UK has prompted London-based Industry Forum to team up with [TC]² in Cary, North Carolina to hold a 'Zara - Fast Fashion Workshop' in...
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Guess four-point plan to drive profit in Americas
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack