UK: British Footwear Association In Supply Chain Study
The project, which begins in September, involves bringing together logistics and eCommerce experts with a group of footwear manufacturers
Niall Campbell, director, British Footwear Association, says: "Many UK shoe manufacturers are concentrated in Northamptonshire - the centre of British shoe making. All have warehouses and use external carriers to ship their products to market. In many cases, the manufacturers are using the same carriers and the goods are being transported to the same retail outlets or forwarding depots.
"We thought, if manufacturers were to 'share' these responsibilities - they could significantly reduce their warehousing and carrier charges, as well as make more frequent deliveries to retailers with fewer expensive small drops."
Ken Watson, director, Industry Forum, explains: "This project extends Industry Forum's work into a new, but related, product sector. As with all our projects, we hope that our results will help manufacturers improve their competitiveness."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Another one-day workshop discussing the methodologies used by Spanish retail giant Zara to achieve its rapid sales growth is to take place in Cary, NC next week....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
A high international turnout at a recent fast fashion forum in the UK has prompted London-based Industry Forum to team up with [TC]² in Cary, North Carolina to hold a 'Zara - Fast Fashion Workshop' in...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022