UK: British Mohair Subject To Possible Takeover Bid
Poor high street sales and strong overseas competition seem set to claim another well-known textile name.British Mohair Holdings has today confirmed that it has become the subject of a possible takeover bid. It was forced to admit the approach following a steep rise in its share price. Shares are up seven per cent to 146.5p, valuing the business at £18 million.In April the group, which is based in Bradford, reported a full year loss of £2.8 million. At the end of last year it sold off British Mohair Spinners and closed down the Jarol knitting yarn company. Two factories producing yarn for clothing were closed last year, with the loss of 186 jobs.Its remaining textile interests include the Huddersfield-based woollen spinner Stork Brothers. It also has interests in engineering.British Mohair would not disclose the name of the prospective bidder. It did say that if a bid was forthcoming, it would be below net asset value at the end of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack