UK: British Mohair Subject To Possible Takeover Bid
Poor high street sales and strong overseas competition seem set to claim another well-known textile name.British Mohair Holdings has today confirmed that it has become the subject of a possible takeover bid. It was forced to admit the approach following a steep rise in its share price. Shares are up seven per cent to 146.5p, valuing the business at £18 million.In April the group, which is based in Bradford, reported a full year loss of £2.8 million. At the end of last year it sold off British Mohair Spinners and closed down the Jarol knitting yarn company. Two factories producing yarn for clothing were closed last year, with the loss of 186 jobs.Its remaining textile interests include the Huddersfield-based woollen spinner Stork Brothers. It also has interests in engineering.British Mohair would not disclose the name of the prospective bidder. It did say that if a bid was forthcoming, it would be below net asset value at the end of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020