US: Britney Spears makes first foray into fashion
The limited edition line, called ‘Britney for Candie's,’ will be available from July to kick off the back-to-school season.
Spears, who has been the face of the Candie's brand for the past three seasons and will feature in the new label’s marketing campaign, said: “Designing was a really fun, new way for me to express my creativity and I really wanted to create something by me for my fans.”
The collection of apparel, handbags and jewellery will range from $14.00-$78.00, and includes a mixture of day and evening looks, from jeans to a little black dress inspired by Spears' favourite music and movies.
“We are confident this new limited-edition collection will resonate with our young customers,” added Julie Gardner, Kohl's executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
A former executive at kids' clothing maker Carter's Inc has been charged with fraud and insider trading by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
A sudden factory fire in Bangladesh is believed to have left around 20 people dead and hundreds more injured. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead