US: Britney Spears makes first foray into fashion
The limited edition line, called ‘Britney for Candie's,’ will be available from July to kick off the back-to-school season.
Spears, who has been the face of the Candie's brand for the past three seasons and will feature in the new label’s marketing campaign, said: “Designing was a really fun, new way for me to express my creativity and I really wanted to create something by me for my fans.”
The collection of apparel, handbags and jewellery will range from $14.00-$78.00, and includes a mixture of day and evening looks, from jeans to a little black dress inspired by Spears' favourite music and movies.
“We are confident this new limited-edition collection will resonate with our young customers,” added Julie Gardner, Kohl's executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
A former executive at kids' clothing maker Carter's Inc has been charged with fraud and insider trading by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
A sudden factory fire in Bangladesh is believed to have left around 20 people dead and hundreds more injured. ...
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories