INDIA: Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands form JV
US retailer Brooks Brothers is teaming up with Reliance Brands to form a joint venture in India to take its products to major cities across the country.
The deal will see the two companies open Brooks Brothers stores, which will carry its range of men's wear and women's wear, including clothing, sportswear and accessories.
"We have partnered with Reliance Brands because of their passion for the Brooks Brothers brand, their track record with other premium brands, and their expertise and connections within India," said Brooks Brothers CEO Claudio Del Vecchio.
"We are incredibly fortunate to have them as partner as we enter this important retail market."
Reliance Brands Limited, a unit of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries, already has tie-ups with other brands to sell labels including Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kenneth Cole, Paul & Shark, Quiksilver, Roxy, Steve Madden, Thomas Pink and Timberland in India.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked a 48% jump in first-half turnover, helped by strong same-store sales growth....
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions. ...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details