INDIA: Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands form JV
US retailer Brooks Brothers is teaming up with Reliance Brands to form a joint venture in India to take its products to major cities across the country.
The deal will see the two companies open Brooks Brothers stores, which will carry its range of men's wear and women's wear, including clothing, sportswear and accessories.
"We have partnered with Reliance Brands because of their passion for the Brooks Brothers brand, their track record with other premium brands, and their expertise and connections within India," said Brooks Brothers CEO Claudio Del Vecchio.
"We are incredibly fortunate to have them as partner as we enter this important retail market."
Reliance Brands Limited, a unit of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries, already has tie-ups with other brands to sell labels including Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kenneth Cole, Paul & Shark, Quiksilver, Roxy, Steve Madden, Thomas Pink and Timberland in India.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked a 48% jump in first-half turnover, helped by strong same-store sales growth....
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions. ...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Gerber launches Mauritius apparel programme
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019