US: Brooks Brothers makes PLM investment
Clothing retailer Brooks Brothers Group has selected a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to help improve product design and development effectiveness, reduce costs and better capture market opportunities.
Brooks Brothers, which was established in 1818, is thought to be America's oldest retailer.
The company has chosen PTC Windchill FlexPLM software, a web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandising, product development, sourcing, costing, quality and compliance with full supply chain collaboration capabilities.
"Successfully responding to changes in the global market and consumer behaviors necessitates integrated product development and supply chain processes to efficiently secure market opportunities," said Joe Dixon, senior vice president, sourcing and technical design for Brooks Brothers.
"By implementing PTC PLM technology, we will be able to improve our product development efficiency, reduce costs and increase our product hit rates by effectively managing the product lifecycle.
"The solution will also allow us to provide better product assortments for our international markets through collaborative global design and product development with our partners around the world."
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
UK-based software provider DeSL has opened a New York City office, close to its growing customer base in the fashion, apparel, textile and footwear sectors....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change