US: Brooks Brothers makes PLM investment
Clothing retailer Brooks Brothers Group has selected a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to help improve product design and development effectiveness, reduce costs and better capture market opportunities.
Brooks Brothers, which was established in 1818, is thought to be America's oldest retailer.
The company has chosen PTC Windchill FlexPLM software, a web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandising, product development, sourcing, costing, quality and compliance with full supply chain collaboration capabilities.
"Successfully responding to changes in the global market and consumer behaviors necessitates integrated product development and supply chain processes to efficiently secure market opportunities," said Joe Dixon, senior vice president, sourcing and technical design for Brooks Brothers.
"By implementing PTC PLM technology, we will be able to improve our product development efficiency, reduce costs and increase our product hit rates by effectively managing the product lifecycle.
"The solution will also allow us to provide better product assortments for our international markets through collaborative global design and product development with our partners around the world."
Companies: Parametric Technology Corporation
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
UK-based software provider DeSL has opened a New York City office, close to its growing customer base in the fashion, apparel, textile and footwear sectors....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
The Visual PLM.net product lifecycle management software will be available to fashion and softgoods retailers and manufacturers in Europe through a distribution deal agreed with K3 Business Technology...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras