AUSTRALIA: Brooks Brothers plots Australia launch
Brooks Brothers is to open a flagship store in Sydney later this year
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers is to enter Australia next month as part of a joint venture with OrotonGroup, and also plans to open a flagship store in the middle of the year.
Under the OrotonGroup agreement, Brooks Brothers men's wear will be available in select David Jones stores across Australia from early February.
The clothing label is working with The Woolmark Company to source the wool used in its men's wear collection, tracking production all the way through the manufacturing chain to the Australian woolgrower.
Brooks Brothers general manager of Asia Pacific, Andy Lew, said Australia provides a "unique opportunity", as growth in the country's retail market continues.
The clothing brand, which operates more than 500 stores worldwide in over 25 countries, will also open a flagship store in Sydney CDB during the middle of 2014, along with its own retail presence in Melbourne.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening