AUSTRALIA: Brooks Brothers plots Australia launch
Brooks Brothers is to open a flagship store in Sydney later this year
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers is to enter Australia next month as part of a joint venture with OrotonGroup, and also plans to open a flagship store in the middle of the year.
Under the OrotonGroup agreement, Brooks Brothers men's wear will be available in select David Jones stores across Australia from early February.
The clothing label is working with The Woolmark Company to source the wool used in its men's wear collection, tracking production all the way through the manufacturing chain to the Australian woolgrower.
Brooks Brothers general manager of Asia Pacific, Andy Lew, said Australia provides a "unique opportunity", as growth in the country's retail market continues.
The clothing brand, which operates more than 500 stores worldwide in over 25 countries, will also open a flagship store in Sydney CDB during the middle of 2014, along with its own retail presence in Melbourne.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- US apparel prices continue to fall