AUSTRALIA: Brooks Brothers plots Australia launch
Brooks Brothers is to open a flagship store in Sydney later this year
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers is to enter Australia next month as part of a joint venture with OrotonGroup, and also plans to open a flagship store in the middle of the year.
Under the OrotonGroup agreement, Brooks Brothers men's wear will be available in select David Jones stores across Australia from early February.
The clothing label is working with The Woolmark Company to source the wool used in its men's wear collection, tracking production all the way through the manufacturing chain to the Australian woolgrower.
Brooks Brothers general manager of Asia Pacific, Andy Lew, said Australia provides a "unique opportunity", as growth in the country's retail market continues.
The clothing brand, which operates more than 500 stores worldwide in over 25 countries, will also open a flagship store in Sydney CDB during the middle of 2014, along with its own retail presence in Melbourne.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment