ITALY: Brooks Brothers To Open First European Store
Classic men's apparel retailer Brooks Brothers has announced plans to open its first European store in the fashion capital of Milan.
The New York-based company expects the flagship store, which could be followed by similar outlets in other EU countries, to open in September and generate sales of up to 20 million euros a year.
The retailer currently operates more than 240 stores around the world, one third of which are in Asia and the rest in the US.
Claudio Del Vecchio, CEO of its parent Retail Brand Alliance, said the new store will be aimed at executives in their thirties and forties rather than their fifties and added the era of managers who "dress-down" at work was coming to an end.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar