US: Brooks Sports selects PTC PLM technology
Running footwear and apparel maker Brooks Sports Inc has selected PTC Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) technology to help streamline product development, materials management and sourcing requirements.
The implementation will enable Brooks Sports, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc, to move to a single system to support rapid growth across its product lines.
PTC's Windchill FlexPLM technology will also enable the company to deliver products to market faster by reducing cycle times through improved operational efficiency from initial concept to store delivery.
"Brooks Sports wanted to standardise on a footwear and apparel-specific PLM technology foundation to support our growth plans," said company president and chief operating officer David Bohan.
He added: "It will give us visibility early in the development cycles and will enable us to share design, materials and costing information between ourselves and our suppliers to achieve our growth plans."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020