UK: Browett to take helm at Monsoon
UK fashion retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed John Browett as its new group chief executive officer.
Browett, who will take up his position on 4 March, will lead the company's global Accessorize operations. The group operates 1,053 stores worldwide, with more than 380 in the UK.
Browett most recently served as senior vice president of Apple Retail. He has previously worked at electrical firm Dixons Retail, where he served as group chief executive officer. Prior to Dixons, he was a senior executive at UK supermarket retailer Tesco.
Peter Simon, Monsoon Accessorize's founder, said: "We conducted an extensive search for a new chief executive and John has the skills and experience needed to take Monsoon Accessorize to the next level.
"He will work closely with our excellent management and design teams to engage and delight our customers around the world."
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
In 2012 clothing accessories saw a modest decrease of 1% in both volume and current value terms. Women in total purchased more accessories than men. Czech women further like to add numerous accessorie...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
In recent years, tights had to compete against leggings, especially in the winter, when leggings were chosen as a fashionable substitute for thick tights. Tights are typically a seasonal product, and ...
In 2012 there was a continuing general tendency for consumers to reduce their expenditure, including spending on clothing. This was attributable to the continuing uncertain economic situation, which r...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies