UK: Browett to take helm at Monsoon
UK fashion retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed John Browett as its new group chief executive officer.
Browett, who will take up his position on 4 March, will lead the company's global Accessorize operations. The group operates 1,053 stores worldwide, with more than 380 in the UK.
Browett most recently served as senior vice president of Apple Retail. He has previously worked at electrical firm Dixons Retail, where he served as group chief executive officer. Prior to Dixons, he was a senior executive at UK supermarket retailer Tesco.
Peter Simon, Monsoon Accessorize's founder, said: "We conducted an extensive search for a new chief executive and John has the skills and experience needed to take Monsoon Accessorize to the next level.
"He will work closely with our excellent management and design teams to engage and delight our customers around the world."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Tesco is planning to open a London flagship store for its F&F fashion range later this year. ...
Companies representing more than a third of UK clothing sales have signed the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) 2020 Commitment, a scheme that will see them work together to reduce the environme...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include continuing protests in Cambodia over the sacking of garment workers, the news that apparel pricing edged up in May, and Tesco's decision to stop s...
UK retail giant Tesco has stopped taking clothing from one of its supplier factories in Bangladesh after a structural survey of the site revealed serious safety issues....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015