UK: Browett to take helm at Monsoon
UK fashion retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed John Browett as its new group chief executive officer.
Browett, who will take up his position on 4 March, will lead the company's global Accessorize operations. The group operates 1,053 stores worldwide, with more than 380 in the UK.
Browett most recently served as senior vice president of Apple Retail. He has previously worked at electrical firm Dixons Retail, where he served as group chief executive officer. Prior to Dixons, he was a senior executive at UK supermarket retailer Tesco.
Peter Simon, Monsoon Accessorize's founder, said: "We conducted an extensive search for a new chief executive and John has the skills and experience needed to take Monsoon Accessorize to the next level.
"He will work closely with our excellent management and design teams to engage and delight our customers around the world."
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Tesco is planning to open a London flagship store for its F&F fashion range later this year. ...
Companies representing more than a third of UK clothing sales have signed the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) 2020 Commitment, a scheme that will see them work together to reduce the environme...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include continuing protests in Cambodia over the sacking of garment workers, the news that apparel pricing edged up in May, and Tesco's decision to stop s...
UK retail giant Tesco has stopped taking clothing from one of its supplier factories in Bangladesh after a structural survey of the site revealed serious safety issues....
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019