UK: Browett to take helm at Monsoon
UK fashion retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed John Browett as its new group chief executive officer.
Browett, who will take up his position on 4 March, will lead the company's global Accessorize operations. The group operates 1,053 stores worldwide, with more than 380 in the UK.
Browett most recently served as senior vice president of Apple Retail. He has previously worked at electrical firm Dixons Retail, where he served as group chief executive officer. Prior to Dixons, he was a senior executive at UK supermarket retailer Tesco.
Peter Simon, Monsoon Accessorize's founder, said: "We conducted an extensive search for a new chief executive and John has the skills and experience needed to take Monsoon Accessorize to the next level.
"He will work closely with our excellent management and design teams to engage and delight our customers around the world."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Tesco is planning to open a London flagship store for its F&F fashion range later this year. ...
Companies representing more than a third of UK clothing sales have signed the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) 2020 Commitment, a scheme that will see them work together to reduce the environme...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include continuing protests in Cambodia over the sacking of garment workers, the news that apparel pricing edged up in May, and Tesco's decision to stop s...
UK retail giant Tesco has stopped taking clothing from one of its supplier factories in Bangladesh after a structural survey of the site revealed serious safety issues....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack