US: Brown Shoe appoints Hammer CFO as Hood resigns
Footwear firm Brown Shoe Company has named Russ Hammer as chief financial officer, replacing Mark Hood.
Hammer will be responsible for the company's finance and accounting, treasury, external reporting, tax, real estate, information technology, and investor relations functions. He is expected to take over the position on 11 June and will be based at Brown Shoe Company's corporate headquarters in St. Louis.
Hood will aid in the transition.
"With his more than 30 years of finance experience, I'm confident he will be able to make an immediate contribution across the company and to the work we've been completing in our portfolio realignment efforts," said president and CEO Diane Sullivan.
Hammer most recently served as chief financial officer of travel company Orbitz Worldwide. Prior to this, he worked at shoe firm Crocs as CFO.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Brown Shoe Company has raised its full year forecast after posting a strong third quarter result, helped by a good back-to-school performance. ...
Footwear firm Crocs Inc is working to improve conditions across its factory network and is re-using leftover Croslite material in every Crocs shoe, according to its first sustainability report, which ...
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer. ...
Footwear firm Brown Shoe Co has acquired the Sam & Libby footwear brand from The Jones Group....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar