US: Brown Shoe Co lifts outlook on Q2 profit
- Net earnings US$15.4m versus a $2.5m loss last year
- Sales rose 10.1% to $621.7m from $564.9m
- Gross margin improved 70 basis points to 41%
Footwear firm Brown Shoe Company has lifted its full year earnings guidance after it returned to profit during the second quarter, helped by higher sales and margins.
The company, which operates 1,300 stores, today (27 August) said sales at Famous Footwear increased 10.8% to $388.2m and same-store-sales rose 6.8%.
Wholesale revenue grew 12.4% to $180.5m, with sales at Healthy Living and Contemporary Fashion up 14.4% and 10.2% respectively.
President and CEO Diane Sullivan said the sales increase was helped by a shift in sales to the second quarter from the third quarter.
"Both retail and wholesale contributed to this quarter's success, with Famous delivering record second quarter sales and operating profit and both of our wholesale platforms - Healthy Living and Contemporary Fashion - reporting double-digit increases in sales," Sullivan noted.
The company now expects full year adjusted earnings per share to $1.27-1.32, up from its earlier guidance of $1.22-1.29.
"For the back half of the year, we are maintaining a realistic but cautious stance, as we continue to monitor the macro retail environment," CFO Russ Hammer said.
Brown Shoe Company president and chief executive officer Diane Sullivan has added the role of chairman to her title following the departure of Ron Fromm....
Brown Shoe Company, Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, ...
Brown Shoe Company today (26 November) raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 12.4% jump in third-quarter profit....
Brown Shoe Company, Inc. (BWS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam