USA: Brown Shoe Licenses Dragon Tales Children's Line
Buster Brown & Co, the children's division of Brown Shoe Company Inc (NYSE: BWS), is to design and market kids' shoes featuring the Dragon Tales television characters. The licensing agreement is with Sesame Workshop, one of the show's reators.Currently available in select retail outlets, the Dragon Tales line of athletic shoes is designed for girls and boys ages 2 to 5 (sizes 5-12) and features Emmy, her younger brother Max, and the four flying dragons: Ord, Cassie, and two headed dragons Zak and Wheezie. The line will include athletic shoes, sandals, slippers, casual styles, and boots, and will hit stores in spring 2001. "This licensing agreement represents an exciting entree for us into the pre-school footwear market and complements our portfolio of children's footwear," said Marci Ranger, director, children's marketing for Buster Brown & Co. "We are delighted to have the opportunity to align ourselves with Sesame Workshop, one of the forerunners of educational preschool programming," she added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar