USA: Brown Shoe Licenses Dragon Tales Children's Line
Buster Brown & Co, the children's division of Brown Shoe Company Inc (NYSE: BWS), is to design and market kids' shoes featuring the Dragon Tales television characters. The licensing agreement is with Sesame Workshop, one of the show's reators.Currently available in select retail outlets, the Dragon Tales line of athletic shoes is designed for girls and boys ages 2 to 5 (sizes 5-12) and features Emmy, her younger brother Max, and the four flying dragons: Ord, Cassie, and two headed dragons Zak and Wheezie. The line will include athletic shoes, sandals, slippers, casual styles, and boots, and will hit stores in spring 2001. "This licensing agreement represents an exciting entree for us into the pre-school footwear market and complements our portfolio of children's footwear," said Marci Ranger, director, children's marketing for Buster Brown & Co. "We are delighted to have the opportunity to align ourselves with Sesame Workshop, one of the forerunners of educational preschool programming," she added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth