USA: Brown Shoe Licenses Dragon Tales Children's Line
Buster Brown & Co, the children's division of Brown Shoe Company Inc (NYSE: BWS), is to design and market kids' shoes featuring the Dragon Tales television characters. The licensing agreement is with Sesame Workshop, one of the show's reators.Currently available in select retail outlets, the Dragon Tales line of athletic shoes is designed for girls and boys ages 2 to 5 (sizes 5-12) and features Emmy, her younger brother Max, and the four flying dragons: Ord, Cassie, and two headed dragons Zak and Wheezie. The line will include athletic shoes, sandals, slippers, casual styles, and boots, and will hit stores in spring 2001. "This licensing agreement represents an exciting entree for us into the pre-school footwear market and complements our portfolio of children's footwear," said Marci Ranger, director, children's marketing for Buster Brown & Co. "We are delighted to have the opportunity to align ourselves with Sesame Workshop, one of the forerunners of educational preschool programming," she added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022