USA: Brown Shoe Licenses Dragon Tales Children's Line
Buster Brown & Co, the children's division of Brown Shoe Company Inc (NYSE: BWS), is to design and market kids' shoes featuring the Dragon Tales television characters. The licensing agreement is with Sesame Workshop, one of the show's reators.Currently available in select retail outlets, the Dragon Tales line of athletic shoes is designed for girls and boys ages 2 to 5 (sizes 5-12) and features Emmy, her younger brother Max, and the four flying dragons: Ord, Cassie, and two headed dragons Zak and Wheezie. The line will include athletic shoes, sandals, slippers, casual styles, and boots, and will hit stores in spring 2001. "This licensing agreement represents an exciting entree for us into the pre-school footwear market and complements our portfolio of children's footwear," said Marci Ranger, director, children's marketing for Buster Brown & Co. "We are delighted to have the opportunity to align ourselves with Sesame Workshop, one of the forerunners of educational preschool programming," she added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Carter's, Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022