USA: Brown Shoe Merges Wholesale Ops, Launches New Division
Footwear group Brown Shoe Company Inc has consolidated its wholesale operations into one division, Brown Shoe Wholesale, and announced the launch of new sector called Speciality Retail.
Speciality Retail will manage Brown Shoe's Naturalizer and FX LaSalle chains.
The changes are part of the company's attempt to further strengthen its product design, brand building and services to its department store customers.
Gary Rich, president of Brown Shoe Wholesale, will oversee the expanded division that now includes the company's flagship Naturalizer brand.
John Mazurk has been promoted to senior vice president of Specialty Retail, and will manage the new division of mall-and outlet-based concept stores.
Byron Norfleet, who headed the former Naturalizer division, has decided to leave Brown Shoe effective 1 December.
Brown Shoe president Diane Sullivan said: "As one Wholesale division, Brown Shoe Wholesale becomes a more powerful partner for our retail customers. Under unified management we can bring them more than a strong portfolio of well-known footwear brands."
The Speciality Retail division will focus on higher-ended concept stores based in malls and outlet centres.
The changes do not affect Famous Footwear, the Company's largest division, with 914 stores selling brand-name footwear for the family.
Companies: Brown Shoe Company
Global footwear firm Brown Shoe Company has signed a multi-property licensing agreement with children's entertainment brand Nickelodeon....
Footwear firm Brown Shoe boosted fourth-quarter net profit as wholesale improvements and sales at Famous Footwear stores offset charges connected to store closures and repatriating foreign earnings. F...
Brown Shoe Company has signed an order to equip all of its stores with NCR point-of-sale (POS) systems running on point of service software....
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe has reported a 7 per cent third-quarter profit rise, driven by good sales at the Famous Footwear chain....
Footwear company Brown Shoe Company has appointed David Krueger to the position of senior vice president - corporate real estate....
Worldwide footwear company Brown Shoe Co Inc has suffered a 47 per cent slump in second-quarter profit, affected by expenses related to store closures and inventory write-off....
Bum Equipment & SOS Management has announced the signing of Buffalo Group as the exclusive licensee for men's and ladies' sportswear in the US, starting with a spring 2006 collection....
Footwear group Brown Shoe Company Inc has revealed a strategy to further boost its Naturalizer brand which includes the closure of 80 underperforming stores in the US and Canada....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack