USA: Brown Shoe Q3 Profit Leaps 77%
Leading footwear chain Brown Shoe Co Inc on Tuesday posted a 77 per cent surge in third quarter net profit to $21 million from $11.9m in 2001 on the back of "exceptional" wholesale sales.
The St Louis-based company, which operates around 1,300 stores under the Famous Footwear and Naturalizer banners, said consolidated net sales rose more than five per cent to $486.3m from $462.4m.
It added for the full year it sees earnings of $2.30 to $2.35 a share, up from its original outlook of $2.15 to $2.20, and said it remains comfortable with its fiscal 2003 earnings estimates of $2.75 a share.
"This quarter truly demonstrates the progress we've made in improving the earnings leverage at Brown Shoe Co. Like last quarter, we again earned significantly more on our sales base," said chairman and CEO Ron Fromm.
"Famous Footwear is beginning to realise the benefits from its aggressive merchandising strategy and inventory management initiatives, achieving operating earnings in the quarter, up nearly 60 per cent over year-ago levels.
"In addition, our wholesale businesses performed exceptionally in a very tough consumer environment. Strong operations together with improved operating platforms contributed to a record third-quarter EPS."
Companies: Brown Shoe Company
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Global footwear firm Brown Shoe Company has signed a multi-property licensing agreement with children's entertainment brand Nickelodeon....
Footwear firm Brown Shoe boosted fourth-quarter net profit as wholesale improvements and sales at Famous Footwear stores offset charges connected to store closures and repatriating foreign earnings. F...
Brown Shoe Company has signed an order to equip all of its stores with NCR point-of-sale (POS) systems running on point of service software....
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe has reported a 7 per cent third-quarter profit rise, driven by good sales at the Famous Footwear chain....
Footwear company Brown Shoe Company has appointed David Krueger to the position of senior vice president - corporate real estate....
Worldwide footwear company Brown Shoe Co Inc has suffered a 47 per cent slump in second-quarter profit, affected by expenses related to store closures and inventory write-off....
Bum Equipment & SOS Management has announced the signing of Buffalo Group as the exclusive licensee for men's and ladies' sportswear in the US, starting with a spring 2006 collection....
Footwear group Brown Shoe Company Inc has revealed a strategy to further boost its Naturalizer brand which includes the closure of 80 underperforming stores in the US and Canada....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar