US: Brown Shoe raises full year forecast on strong Q3
Brown Shoe Company has raised its full year forecast after posting a strong third quarter result, helped by a good back-to-school performance.
The company has lifted its full-year earnings forecast to US$1.06-1.10 per share, up on the previously forecast $0.85-0.95.
Net income fell, however, down to US$24.3m from $33.7m over the quarter ended 27 October. However, excluding a series of one-off impacts from portfolio realignment charges this year and gains on the sale of the AND 1 brand in the third quarter of last year, net income was up 18.3% to $25.9m. Sales were up 2.6% to $732.2m.
Famous Footwear recorded a 4.9% increase in sales to reach $436.8m, with same store sales rising 6.8%, rising 5.5% over the back-to-school season.
The contemporary fashion division recorded a 5.2% increase in wholesale revenue. Its healthy living portfolio recorded a 2.1% increase in sales over the period.
"With the third quarter, we delivered not only solid back-to-school results, but also overall strong quarterly same-store-sales growth of 6.8% at Famous Footwear," said president and CEO Diane Sullivan.
"We also saw improvement in sales for both our contemporary fashion and healthy living brand portfolios, as we continued to deliver trend-right products that are must-haves for consumers."
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe Company has returned to profit during the fourth quarter, helped by higher sales and a restructuring of its business....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide