US: Brown Shoe raises full year forecast on strong Q3
Brown Shoe Company has raised its full year forecast after posting a strong third quarter result, helped by a good back-to-school performance.
The company has lifted its full-year earnings forecast to US$1.06-1.10 per share, up on the previously forecast $0.85-0.95.
Net income fell, however, down to US$24.3m from $33.7m over the quarter ended 27 October. However, excluding a series of one-off impacts from portfolio realignment charges this year and gains on the sale of the AND 1 brand in the third quarter of last year, net income was up 18.3% to $25.9m. Sales were up 2.6% to $732.2m.
Famous Footwear recorded a 4.9% increase in sales to reach $436.8m, with same store sales rising 6.8%, rising 5.5% over the back-to-school season.
The contemporary fashion division recorded a 5.2% increase in wholesale revenue. Its healthy living portfolio recorded a 2.1% increase in sales over the period.
"With the third quarter, we delivered not only solid back-to-school results, but also overall strong quarterly same-store-sales growth of 6.8% at Famous Footwear," said president and CEO Diane Sullivan.
"We also saw improvement in sales for both our contemporary fashion and healthy living brand portfolios, as we continued to deliver trend-right products that are must-haves for consumers."
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe Company has returned to profit during the fourth quarter, helped by higher sales and a restructuring of its business....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015