USA: Brown Shoe Reveals Sales Slip
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe Co Inc on Thursday announced same-store sales at its Famous Footwear chain fell 1.4 per cent last month but total sales rose 4.5 per cent to $131 million from $125.4m. The St Louis-based company added total sales at its Naturalizer retail division fell to $8.8m from $9.7m due to the closure of 97 under-performing outlets with same-store sales up five per cent compared to last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores