US: Brown Shoe to close another distribution centre
Footwear firm Brown Shoe Company Inc is to close another distribution centre this year as part of ongoing efforts to realign its business and reduce excess capacity in its network.
The facility at Sikeston, Missouri will be closed in a phased move beginning in May and finishing in October.
"The decision to close this facility was difficult and is in no way a reflection of the skills and abilities of the Sikeston team," said Mike Kauffman, senior vice president of global supply chain management for Brown Shoe Company. "However, the industry landscape continues to change, and we must adapt and evolve to remain competitive."
The company, which owns the Famous Footwear and Naturalizer retail chains, is also in the process of shuttering its distribution centre in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin this year, in a move that was announced in November.
The closures come as the firm blamed restructuring costs for pushing it to a fourth quarter loss of $8.2m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear business Brown Shoe Company has posted another net loss in its second quarter, but returned to profitability on an underlying basis....
Women's footwear brand Sam Edelman has announced that Libby Edelman will rejoin the company to help drive the marketing and licensing of the brand. ...
US sportswear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Greg Beidler as senior vice president of store operations....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts