US: Brown Shoe to launch Fergie footwear
Brown Shoe has signed with singer, songwriter and actress Fergie to create a namesake shoe brand.
Her debut collection is due by spring 2009, but retailers can preview early designs at the June 2008 Fashion Footwear Association of New York shoe show.
Plans for the launch of Fergie footwear include a dedicated website and personal appearances, Brown Shoe said.
"I have always loved fashion because it's a great way to express your mood. And I'm definitely a shoe lover," said Fergie.
Brown Shoe's entertainment brand partners also include musicians Carlos Santana and Reba McEntire, as well as television personality Gretta Monahan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Marks & Spencer will open its first store in mainland China on Thursday (2 October), hoping to shore up flagging sales at home with new sales in one of the world's fastest growing fashion markets. But...
Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has hired two executives to join the team tasked with modernising the Ann Taylor brand and strengthening its fashion positioning....
Suit retailer Moss Bros Group, which earlier in the year vetted a GBP40m (US$79m) acquisition bid from Icelandic investor Baugur Group, has reshuffled its board of directors....
Footwear company Brown Shoe Company has posted net earnings in the second quarter down 77.4% to $2.2m, including costs of $0.15 per diluted share from the relocation of its Famous Footwear division he...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts