US: Browning recalls junior hoodies over strangulation risk
Drawstrings around the neck area of the hoodies pose a strangulation risk
Around 4,300 Browning junior hoodies have been recalled because the drawstrings around the neck pose a strangulation or an entanglement hazard to young children.
No injuries have been reported, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) noted.
The polyester hoodies, which were manufactured in Bangladesh, were sold in sizes S, M, L and XL at Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and online between August 2012 and October 2013 for US$28.
Browning Recalls Junior Hoodie Due to Strangulation and Entrapment Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Academy Sports+Outdoors
This recall includes hooded Buckmark junior sweatshirts in sizes S, M, L and XL. The sweatshirts are made of polyester fabric. The camouflaged print pullover sweatshirt comes with black drawstrings and has a yellow embroidered Buckmark logo located on the front of the garment. There are pockets located near the waist. The sweatshirt has a hood, and rib knit cuffs and waist.
The affected SKU’s included in the recall are:
The SKU number is printed on a tag located behind the main label on the back of the collar.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the hooded sweatshirts to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Browning for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and online at www.academy.com from August 2012 through October 2013 for about $28.
Browning, of Morgan, Utah
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Browning-Recalls-Junior-Hoodie/
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects