ITALY: Brunello Cucinelli FY profit up on double-digit sales
- FY net profit rises 10.9% to EUR29.6m
- Net revenues up 15.5% to EUR322.5m
- Expects double-digit 2014 profit and sales
Italian luxury fashion group Brunello Cucinelli SpA has reported an increase in full-year profit, thanks to double-digit sales growth.
Sales in the group's international markets, which now represent 79.3% of revenues, rose 21.4% during the year ending 31 December.
The US, Europe and Greater China saw sales rise 23.2%, 20% and 52.5% respectively. The rest of the world posted a 5.7% increase, while the Italian market reported a 2.9% decline.
Brunello Cucinelli retail turnover jumped 50%, while wholesale revenues edged up 1.2% and multi-brand sales climbed 2.5%.
Chairman and CEO Brunello Cucinelli said the company had benefited from "the great appreciation for a made in Italy product featuring great craftsmanship, quality and creativity."
He added that the business expects to post double-digit profit and sales growth in 2014.
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry