ITALY: Brunello Cucinelli FY profit up on double-digit sales
- FY net profit rises 10.9% to EUR29.6m
- Net revenues up 15.5% to EUR322.5m
- Expects double-digit 2014 profit and sales
Italian luxury fashion group Brunello Cucinelli SpA has reported an increase in full-year profit, thanks to double-digit sales growth.
Sales in the group's international markets, which now represent 79.3% of revenues, rose 21.4% during the year ending 31 December.
The US, Europe and Greater China saw sales rise 23.2%, 20% and 52.5% respectively. The rest of the world posted a 5.7% increase, while the Italian market reported a 2.9% decline.
Brunello Cucinelli retail turnover jumped 50%, while wholesale revenues edged up 1.2% and multi-brand sales climbed 2.5%.
Chairman and CEO Brunello Cucinelli said the company had benefited from "the great appreciation for a made in Italy product featuring great craftsmanship, quality and creativity."
He added that the business expects to post double-digit profit and sales growth in 2014.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020