FRANCE: Buckle Down And Button Up At Mod'Amont
For apart from trimmings - an all-embracing category that can cover anything from swansdown to shoe laces - buckles and buttons represent the biggest single category of merchandise at the fair. They comprise part of the range of nearly 50 per cent of the 192 exhibitors booked into the spring 2001 event which runs from March l-4 inclusive.
Trimmings to tone with camouflage prints are expected to do brisk business for manufacturers selling primarily into the casualwear market. By contrast high fashion is expected to favour extended sales of all types of irridescent trimmings and crystal beads.
Meanwhile trimmings that are virtually jewellery in their own right - gilded chains, diamanté by the metre and elaborate sequin embroidered appliqué motifs, are expected by many prospective Mod'Amont exhibitors to sell as well to tomorrow's beachwear and lingerie trade as they did to yesterday's evening wear merchants.
Similarly, in the field of fantasy lingerie, the revival of the traditional corsets should stimulate sales of both hook and eye panels and long line laces, according to trimmings experts.
Other types of trimming tipped to enjoy booming business at Mod'Amont are coarse cotton fringings and macramé work panels.
By Sonia Roberts
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020