US: Buckle promotes Smith to EVP of stores
Teen fashion retailer The Buckle Inc has promoted Kari Smith to the newly created role of executive vice president of stores.
Vice president of sales since May 2001, in her new role Smith will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's customers, including the education and development of the firm's sales team.
Kari joined Buckle in May 1978 as a part-time salesperson. She has served in a number of roles of increasing responsibility since that time.
The Buckle, Inc. Announces the Appointment of Kari G. Smith as Executive Vice President of Stores
KEARNEY, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Buckle, Inc. (NYSE: BKE) announced today that Kari G. Smith has been appointed to the newly created position of Executive Vice President of Stores effective immediately. In her new role, Kari will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's guests; including the education and development of Buckle's talented sales team.
Kari has been employed by Buckle since May 1978, when she started as a part-time salesperson. She has served in several roles of increasing responsibility since that time, helping to build and develop the outstanding sales team that has been instrumental to Buckle's growth over the past 35 years. Kari has served in her current position as Vice President of Sales since May 2001.
Offering a unique mix of high-quality, on-trend apparel, accessories, and footwear, Buckle caters to fashion-conscious young men and women. Known as a denim destination, each store carries a wide selection of fits, styles, and finishes from leading denim brands, including the Company's exclusive brand, BKE. Headquartered in Kearney, Nebraska, Buckle currently operates 449 retail stores in 43 states.
Original source: Buckle Inc
Based on its successful performance in the domestic market, MK Trend is planning to launch its brands in overseas markets for further growth. Indeed, since 2001 the company has been offering its Bucka...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024