US: Buckle promotes Smith to EVP of stores
Teen fashion retailer The Buckle Inc has promoted Kari Smith to the newly created role of executive vice president of stores.
Vice president of sales since May 2001, in her new role Smith will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's customers, including the education and development of the firm's sales team.
Kari joined Buckle in May 1978 as a part-time salesperson. She has served in a number of roles of increasing responsibility since that time.
The Buckle, Inc. Announces the Appointment of Kari G. Smith as Executive Vice President of Stores
KEARNEY, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Buckle, Inc. (NYSE: BKE) announced today that Kari G. Smith has been appointed to the newly created position of Executive Vice President of Stores effective immediately. In her new role, Kari will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's guests; including the education and development of Buckle's talented sales team.
Kari has been employed by Buckle since May 1978, when she started as a part-time salesperson. She has served in several roles of increasing responsibility since that time, helping to build and develop the outstanding sales team that has been instrumental to Buckle's growth over the past 35 years. Kari has served in her current position as Vice President of Sales since May 2001.
Offering a unique mix of high-quality, on-trend apparel, accessories, and footwear, Buckle caters to fashion-conscious young men and women. Known as a denim destination, each store carries a wide selection of fits, styles, and finishes from leading denim brands, including the Company's exclusive brand, BKE. Headquartered in Kearney, Nebraska, Buckle currently operates 449 retail stores in 43 states.
Original source: Buckle Inc
US denim specialist The Buckle has made three senior management appointments, including that of Diane Applegate to the position of vice president of supply chain and merchandising operations....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015