US: Buckle promotes Smith to EVP of stores
Teen fashion retailer The Buckle Inc has promoted Kari Smith to the newly created role of executive vice president of stores.
Vice president of sales since May 2001, in her new role Smith will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's customers, including the education and development of the firm's sales team.
Kari joined Buckle in May 1978 as a part-time salesperson. She has served in a number of roles of increasing responsibility since that time.
The Buckle, Inc. Announces the Appointment of Kari G. Smith as Executive Vice President of Stores
KEARNEY, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Buckle, Inc. (NYSE: BKE) announced today that Kari G. Smith has been appointed to the newly created position of Executive Vice President of Stores effective immediately. In her new role, Kari will continue to provide leadership related to all aspects of the in-store shopping experience for Buckle's guests; including the education and development of Buckle's talented sales team.
Kari has been employed by Buckle since May 1978, when she started as a part-time salesperson. She has served in several roles of increasing responsibility since that time, helping to build and develop the outstanding sales team that has been instrumental to Buckle's growth over the past 35 years. Kari has served in her current position as Vice President of Sales since May 2001.
Offering a unique mix of high-quality, on-trend apparel, accessories, and footwear, Buckle caters to fashion-conscious young men and women. Known as a denim destination, each store carries a wide selection of fits, styles, and finishes from leading denim brands, including the Company's exclusive brand, BKE. Headquartered in Kearney, Nebraska, Buckle currently operates 449 retail stores in 43 states.
Original source: Buckle Inc
Based on its successful performance in the domestic market, MK Trend is planning to launch its brands in overseas markets for further growth. Indeed, since 2001 the company has been offering its Bucka...
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges