USA: Buggeln Takes On Boo
fashionmall.com, Inc (Nasdaq: FASH) has appointed Catherine Buggeln to be president of it's recently acquired Boo brand and web property. Buggeln takes on Boo from July 31. "It has become clear to us that Boo is a staggering opportunity for us and needs a talent equal to the opportunity to lead it, and Kate is that person." said fashionmall.com, Inc CEO Ben Narasin."I am thrilled to return Boo to the global customer and build on the brand's extraordinary relevance and influence," says Buggeln, who joins Boo.com after a 17-year career in the retail industry as both retailer and consultant. She has significant experience building successful businesses having worked with numerous high growth retailers to design, refine and launch brand strategies and business models. Buggeln comes to Boo.com from the LakeWest Group, a leading retail management consultancy where, as executive vice president, she led its multi-channel retailing and business strategy practices. Joseph Marquette, who is joining fashionmall.com as its chief technology officer, will also be involved in the Boo.com launch. He joins the firm after 12 years in the retail industry where he led the development of technology strategies and business operations for numerous multi-channel and e-tail companies including J.Crew, Nike, and Toys 'R' Us. fashionmall.com, Inc. operates a variety of vertical shopping and content portals in the fashion, beauty and lifestyle space including Boo.com, fashionmall.com, outletmall.com and styleexperts.com. fashionmall.com, Inc generates revenue through traffic-based contracts and slotting fees with manufacturers, retailers, magazines and catalogs which advertise, display and sell their products on the firm's sites as well as through traditional advertising and sponsorship efforts. One of her first tasks will be to find a creative director for the European fashion portal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016