USA: Buggeln Takes On Boo
fashionmall.com, Inc (Nasdaq: FASH) has appointed Catherine Buggeln to be president of it's recently acquired Boo brand and web property. Buggeln takes on Boo from July 31. "It has become clear to us that Boo is a staggering opportunity for us and needs a talent equal to the opportunity to lead it, and Kate is that person." said fashionmall.com, Inc CEO Ben Narasin."I am thrilled to return Boo to the global customer and build on the brand's extraordinary relevance and influence," says Buggeln, who joins Boo.com after a 17-year career in the retail industry as both retailer and consultant. She has significant experience building successful businesses having worked with numerous high growth retailers to design, refine and launch brand strategies and business models. Buggeln comes to Boo.com from the LakeWest Group, a leading retail management consultancy where, as executive vice president, she led its multi-channel retailing and business strategy practices. Joseph Marquette, who is joining fashionmall.com as its chief technology officer, will also be involved in the Boo.com launch. He joins the firm after 12 years in the retail industry where he led the development of technology strategies and business operations for numerous multi-channel and e-tail companies including J.Crew, Nike, and Toys 'R' Us. fashionmall.com, Inc. operates a variety of vertical shopping and content portals in the fashion, beauty and lifestyle space including Boo.com, fashionmall.com, outletmall.com and styleexperts.com. fashionmall.com, Inc generates revenue through traffic-based contracts and slotting fees with manufacturers, retailers, magazines and catalogs which advertise, display and sell their products on the firm's sites as well as through traditional advertising and sponsorship efforts. One of her first tasks will be to find a creative director for the European fashion portal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack