US: Bulwark and Milliken offer comfort with flame-resistant line
Bulwark and Milliken & Company have teamed up to create a line of flame-resistant workwear that they claim also achieves new levels of comfort.
The new garments, part of the Bulwark iQ Series, are "breathable, lighter weight, offer greater mobility, and moisture management", the companies said. The line eries includes six knits and three wovens in both men's and women's styles.
"We embarked on this extensive journey and created the world's most comfortable FR apparel, because FR wearers shouldn't risk their lives just to be comfortable on the job," said Chris Holcombe, Bulwark, vice president and general manager.
Bulwark® FR Transforms Flame-Resistant Apparel Breaking the Comfort Barrier
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bulwark and Milliken & Company have revolutionized the flame-resistant (FR) apparel industry through advanced chemistry and garment design to create FR workwear that achieves new levels of comfort. The new garments, part of the Bulwark iQ Series, are breathable, lighter weight, offer greater mobility, and moisture management - which adds up to superior comfort for the wearer. Performance on these key comfort properties rivals that of high-end performance active wear.
Flame resistant workwear is worn by workers in occupations where the risk of fire is elevated - oil and gas workers, electrical utility workers, industrial electricians, etc. The development of the iQ Series was the result of extensive field research by Bulwark's designers. After countless hours of watching and interacting with FR wearers on the job, Bulwark found many were wearing their uniforms incorrectly or worse yet, not wearing them at all. Bulwark saw first-hand how workers were willing to sacrifice protection for comfort. This observation produced a deeper understanding of the real problem to be addressed in the FR category - comfort.
Breaking the comfort barrier in flame resistant workwear required more than a new design, it required a breakthrough in the essential chemistry that provides flame protection. Scientists at Milliken found the breakthrough at the molecular level, and the FR category will be forever transformed. New science led to new fabrics with significantly better comfort properties. Combined with insightful garment design, the iQ Series represents the most wearable FR workwear ever made. But here's the important thing, greater comfort will translate into greater compliance which in turn means lives saved.
"We embarked on this extensive journey and created the world's most comfortable FR apparel, because FR wearers shouldn't risk their lives just to be comfortable on the job," said Chris Holcombe, Bulwark, vice president and general manager. "The iQ Series offers increased benefits for FR wearers by combining active wear performance with uncompromising flame protection."
The iQ Series includes six knits and three wovens in both men's and women's styles. The line will publicly debut at The American Society of Safety Engineers Trade Show in June 2014. For more information, visit the iQ Series website at http://www.bulwark.com/iqseries/.
All inquiries can be directed to Angie Wilson, Bulwark, market manager, at Angie_Wilson@vfc.com, 615-565-5358 or Ashli Bobo, Edelman, Ashli.Bobo@Edelman.com, 404-460-9669.
Original source: Bulwark
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change